Our core values of being an eco friendly and sustainable business at Botanicals Bakewell is paramount to who we are. We were one of the first ever brands to be certified by the Soil Association and we have therefore carried our guiding principals from our range of skincare products into our holistic treatment rooms and retail experience; Botanicals Bakewell.
On this page we would like to be transparent about how we at Botanicals work towards creating a eco friendly and sustainable business and environment for our clients – an environment that we would like to see implemented across on our planet.
- As we are committed to being a sustainable business in Bakewell, we are mainly paper free. All of our treatments at Botanicals are booked online via Fresha, and this also includes all pre treatment forms and receipts of purchases from treatments and products in our store. We also predominantly use digital marketing but all physical paper marketing materials for items such as our loyalty scheme and gift cards are printed on recycled paper and can be recycled after use.
- We only use eco friendly products in store, such as organic washable hand towels in our toilets and our tea which is organic and Soil Association certified.
- As part of your complimentary welcome touch, we provide reusable flip flops as part of every treatment minus manicures.
- Our facial mitts and cotton towels are both sourced from brands that are also organic and Soil Association certified.
- We are proud to use the award-winning Mii nail polish in our manicure and pedicure treatments, which is vegan and cruelty free. It is also ’12 free’ which means they don’t include ingredients such as phthalates, formaldehyde, alcohol and parabens to name but a few.
- We have very low wastage as most of our products are either recyclable or biodegradable as we are committed to being a sustainable business in Bakewell. We are committed to using as little plastic as possible and have done this by sourcing reusable glassware for drinks and reusable hand towels in our toilets.
- We use energy friendly LED lights throughout our premises and we completed an energy audit prior to opening to reduce our electricity consumption. We also have all of our heaters on carefully monitored timers.
- We reduce our carbon footprint by washing all towels in house which saves on having to travel to a laundrette and we use eco-friendly detergent when washing any kind of towel or cloth.
- Due to us exclusively using Botanicals products in treatments and in store, we know first hand what goes into every single product and adhere to the strict Soil Association guidelines.
- We meticulously analyse our product usage in both treatment and in retail to ensure that we never get overstocked to ensure there is no product wastage.